CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 13, 2007

they're coming...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
and I sooo not ready! I guess I have been living in "la la" land because it is now, at 3am that it hits me that we have less than 2 weeks before Christmas. I have only managed to put up my tree, set up my nativity scene and hang a few wreaths. Not one, I mean, not even one gift has been purchased. I'm not even sure of what everyone wants! My niece and nephew should be pretty easy to please. And the grand kids are going on Tues to have a portrait done that can be framed and given to the grandparents. We normally draw names so that each person gets one "nice" gift and the adults don't spend money on buying a little "something" for everyone. But this year it was decided we wouldn't do that and just buy for the kids. I'm just getting back from out of town, so lets see it that is still the plan. John is only asking for a book he wants..bless his heart!~ the kids on the other hand..we'll let's just say that there should be some resolution the the problem parents of teenagers have when their kids turn 16 and want a car! HA!! Have I ever mentioned I have 2 teenagers?? They have a used car that they have shared for the past year, but it does not seem to appease them and it isn't "cool". The plan is to hopefully get a 2ND vehicle in the next coming months and then trade in the one they have now for something else. If we can't survive with 3 vehicles, then someone better get a second job!!! lol As I mentioned, we returned today from out of town. John's dad died and we had to take an impromptu trip to NC. If was unfortunate circumstances, but it was nice to see everyone and spend some family time together. We had not been up their since last Christmas. We will return again in the Spring to bring the ashes to their final resting place in VA. John's dad always wanted to ride on the bus with John and never had his chance so John thought this way he could take him with us and give him a final wish. I personally think it will make John feel a little better...he has been rather somber and quiet since his dad died. A normal reaction..as long as he doesn't feel any regrets. If one thing good has come out of this, I do see a change in the relationship he has with Brandon. I think they have both been hit with the reality that loved ones can be taken from us at any given time and we should be more respectful, loving and appreciative of each other.
Well...back at work tonight things were pretty "quiet" (we are cursed anytime we use that word). My co-worker, John is busy counting down the days until he leaves for a vacation to Wisconsin. I think he and Christine are going to have a great time and I hope they make it there and back safely. I'm jealous..I love the cold weather and snow and it has been in the high 70's here. I hope it cools off a bit for Christmas. It might help us get into the holiday spirit. HO HO HO!! I'm off tonight and back Friday night...Saturday is the big "party on wheels". Is bound to be a blast! We are celebrating the holidays and Bob's 50th birthday! Bob is one of our bestest friends. He and his wife Tiffany are also our neighbors and are just alot of fun. I'm certain I'll have tons of stories and hopefully a picture or two to share with you all next week. We'll chat again soon..enjoy your weekend!...buh bye!

3 comments:

amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amy said...

so sorry about John's dad

Johnny said...

I am back from Vacation.. Are you HAPPY NOW??? LOL
See Sunday its back to work for me !!!!