CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 6, 2008

sad...

Sad

this blog makes me sad..but I feel as if I need to get a few things off my chest! It didn't take long before my son, who just turned 18 last week, and I got into our first "adult" argument. Apparently the youth these days think that something miraculous happens when they turn 18. No rules, no responsibility, no consequences, etc. With that said, it is with a heavy heart that I announce that our "disagreement" resulted in him leaving home. Some may say I told him to get out..its more like my telling him I've had enough and wont be disrespected in my home. He felt that I was being unreasonable not allowing him to go out every night and come home at all hours of the night, just because he is working. BIG DEAL! I work...the pile of dirty clothes is still laying on his floor..in his room that hasn't been cleaned in weeks. I could go on and on...but ultimately I am still very sad! I love my son with all my heart and like any mom want the best for him. I miss him desperately and want nothing more than for him to come home, but I wonder with how much will do I have to tolerate this type of behavior? I want him to get an education, get a good job, be a responsible, upstanding citizen in our society and if he is going to live at home, he must abide by our rules. Is that so much to ask?

0 comments: