CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 17, 2007

friday night lights...

last night was great. A few of my high school friends came over and we have gotten the ball rolling on our 20yr high school reunion! It is always great reminiscing about old times and memories. Our high school right now is undefeated and currently in the playoff for the State Championship. GO KOWBOYS! I'm trying to get a crowd together to go to the next home game..maybe even get some shirts made with our "infamous' class of 88 on them. There is a long a standing history with our class. Our Senior trip to Gatlinburg, TN...some of us got a "little" drunk and got "busted" and since that year the class trips have been cancelled. Something my children feel the need to remind me of often..especially since the will not be able to have a SR trip either, 20 years later!
In preparation for last nights get together, I injured my hand. I didn't realize what I had done until the wee hours of the morning and I couldn't even dispense ice or water from the fridge into my glass. That will teach me to try and carry in 2 bundles of firewood and a box of starter all at the same time!
Tonight, I sit at work. Day 1 of 2..looking forward to Thanksgiving day. I have to work (YUCK!) but after that I am off for 6 days straight! I hope to just be able to spend some quality time with my family and start decorating for Christmas. I still haven't decided on a real or artificial tree. I love the smell of a real tree, but the Florida weather isn't very kind and the needles tend to fall off way to early! I'm also torn between the type of decorations I want to use this year. All of my ornaments have special meaning..but have always had a red/gold tree..thought it would be nice to do a "snowflake" tree with all shades of white, beige and silver. I don't know...we'll see. I suppose it could be worse and I could be struggling like my friend Amy who is getting married and can't decide on bridesmaid dresses and/or colors for her wedding. Something she has looked forward to for such a long time. I feel so bad..she is so stressed and I want to help her any way I can...so I'm going to whether she asks me to or not..SORRY AMY! lol...
With all that information, vital as it may seem..I'm going to get back to work. Wishing you all a good night..sweet dreams!

0 comments: