CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I am thankful...

Let me begin by saying "HAPPY THANKSGIVING" to all of my friends and family. This year has been a year full of many ups and more downs. I am very fortunate to have my parents nearby and healthy. My brother and his family are near and in a new beautiful home. My niece and nephew are as beautiful as can be! This year I was able to spend 6 mos with my aunt who came to visit us from Cuba. John and I have surpassed difficult months financially, but that which has not killed us has made us stronger. Our children are well on their way to adulthood. Brandon will be 18 in Feb. and will graduate in May. He has made some poor choices, but hopefully has come out of the consequences with a better head on his shoulders. Lauren has worked very hard in school and is doing very well. She is already started looking at different colleges. Tonight she returned from her trip to Michigan and I was greeted upon her return with a beautiful THANK YOU card and #1 MOM key chain. Here is what she wrote..I couldn't not share her sweet words!..."MOMMY, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING THAT YOU DO FOR ME. I KNOW THAT I CAN BE MEAN AND IT MAY SEEM THAT I DON'T APPRECIATE YOU OR DADDY BUT I DO VERY MUCH. AND EVEN IF I DON'T SAY IT EVERYDAY I LOVE YOU AND DADDY VERY MUCH. I'M SO GRATEFUL FOR EVERYTHING THAT YOU BOTH DO FOR ME. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH AND I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT IS NEVER TOO LATE FOR YOU TO ALSO FULFILL YOUR DREAMS. LIVE THE REST OF YOUR LIFE FOR YOU, ME AND BRANDON WILL BE FINE! I LOVE YOU...LAUREN"

My job has treated me well, with some minor exceptions. I still hope to be able to move up within the organization and get back to management and public relations which is my "specialty". I have started my "sisterhood" which was something I had wanted to do for over a year now. We are scheduled for our first weekend in February. My 20yr H.S. reunion is next year and have spent the last few months busy locating alumni and planning for the big event!

On a sad note, I lost my "Papi" this year. My grandfather who was 100 years old. He led a long life full of love and a spunky personality. I hate that he is gone especially after being "lost" in the world of Alzheimer's for the past couple of years...but I know that he has been reunited with the love of his life, my grandmother Teya and our Lord, Jesus Christ. I feel encouraged and blessed to know that both sets of my grandparents are in the glories of Heaven looking down on me and my family as our guardian angels. With the holidays it is always harder to imagine our lives have gone on without them..they are truly missed.

On a lighter note, I am also grateful to all the new and old friends I have in my life again! In preparation for the class reunion I have been able to re-connect with old friends and become closer to those whom I only passed in the hallways. Several of which will read this blog...so Thank you for being my friends and most importantly for being such a big part of my life. I appreciate you very much!

Tomorrow, most of you will be reunited with family and friends to celebrate and give thanks to the blessings that have been bestowed onto us. I myself will be working (bummer!)...but will not consider myself any less fortunate! I am grateful to so many things, people and moments in my life and I just want you all to know that!

Have a great day! with love....

0 comments: