CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 22, 2007

in a few short hours...

I will begin enjoying a few days off!..A week actually! YAY! Unfortunately I had to work the last two nights so Thanksgiving was a little rushed today in between making muffins and my grandmothers' poppy seed cake and trying to take a short nap. Regardless our meal was delicious and it was so great to be with my parents, my brother and his family. Especially his kids!..they were so precious today! My niece who is 7 mos old looked like Aunt Jemima in a beautiful flowered dress and bandanna type scarf on her head. My nephew who is 4 yrs old kept asking if we were thankful for him as went around the table saying what each of us was thankful for? He and I also became best buddies after his mom told him he couldn't just eat marshmallows out of the bag and I secretly kept giving him some to hide in his pocket and take outside to eat "undercover"!. He was tickled to be sneaky like that!! So I had fun being the "cool" aunt.

My mom did a great job with dinner..we had our traditional meal of turkey and all the fixing's. My dad said grace and we all went around, as is tradition, and said what each of us were thankful for this year. I reminded everyone that I was thankful of my family, my friends, our health and safety and all the blessings that GOD has given me. Those that I see and those that I have yet to identify. After dinner, we had dessert which was were my baking skills came in! I baked my grandmothers' recipe for poppy seed cake. It is such a good recipe and one that is very dear to my heart!

Which brings us to the current time of 2230 hrs. (1030PM for those of you not educated on military time). Here I sit at work, blogging...Every Tom, Dick and Harry has called 911 tonight for the "interesting" of reasons. Bad enough I have to be here on a holiday...all night...and listen to these people's B.S.!! Oh well, it's my job!

So as I mentioned, as of tomorrow morning at 0600 hrs (6am...lol) I will be on vacation until next Thursday at 1800 hrs. I would of liked to be able to get out of town for a few days. With the delay in cold weather, the leaves in the Carolina's are still pretty and I have been wanting to check out a few of the smaller towns near Wake Forest and Chapel Hill. But...John has to work and we don't have the extra cash anyways for a hotel room or gas. Maybe we can try again next month...I'm taking a week off after Christmas too...YAY!..OK, I feel the need to mention that I will also be taking a week off in Feb for my birthday.

Not sure if I mentioned last night that Lauren made it home safe and sound. It was so good to see her when I woke up this afternoon and give her a big hug and kiss. She had a great time and was kind enough to bring me back all sorts of home magazines and newspapers from Michigan! I wanna move, but not to Michigan. A little too far from the family and colllddd!!! I would definitely like to visit though, it looks to be a beautiful place.

Well, most of you are probably full from all the turkey and ready to lay down for a long nap! I don't blame you! Wish I could do the same! Goodnight to all...Have a great weekend!...muah! xoxoxo

0 comments: