CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 16, 2007

good times!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
this is bound to be the most entertaining post to date! Last night was our "party on wheels"! We celebrated a combination of the holidays and our friend Bobs' 50Th birthday! It was a party on wheels because we traveled in one of John's buses..you know like the one the rock stars ride in? From this point on it will be important to pay close attention to detail!...lol The evening started at 6pm with the "load in" of the party bus. Which included, 3 homemade gallons of "Kill"aritas, 1 large bottle of Vodka, 1 of Crown, 1 of Royal Bacardi Rum, 1 of Patron, 1 of Jagermeister, 2 bottles of white wine, 2 of Merlot, 2 cases of Heineken beer, 2 cases of BudLight and 1 case of Miller Light. Along with a variety of mixers such as juice and tonic water. Food items consisted of meatballs, pigs in a blankie, chicken nuggets, homemade guacamole, hummus and a 7 layer taco dip. Several bags of limes and lemons came in handy with the shots of vodka and tequila. And if I had to guess there were probably 9-10 packs of cigarettes consumed. Are you getting the visual, yet? By this time it is about 7pm and we are ready to roll! Destination undefined we proceed North on the Florida Turnpike. All 18 of us had began our venture into what was yet to be one of the best damn Christmas/Bday parties I have ever attended. The live entertainment, dancing, drinking, smoking and "constant partying" quickly began and it was decided we would travel to the fine streets of St Augustine, FL. An approx 2 HR drive. We safely arrived at our destination to find a beautifully decorated marina, streets and oh yeah, "BARS!". We made stops at The St George's Bar, The White Lion, The Tapa's Bar and the best of all, Scarlett O'Hara's. At this pit stop, we were greeted by the town's best! (Here some more details). A photographer, with a fanny pack, a red Hawaii inspired shirt and pink converse hightops. I'm not sure I remember his name, but I do recall him pulling out his wallet and showing us his ID. Don't ask!! Then we met Yoko Ono (not really, but that's what Blanche named her). Yoko Ono measured about 4'9" with long black hair, a 4 y/o little boy at her side (remember we are at a bar!) and beating and yelling at her husband as they were leaving! Quite the memory! Then there was our, sweet Karen! Karen managed to quickly find a seat at a table that wasn't ours, sat with a lady carrying a 10wk old puppy (again, we are still in the Bar). Karen and this lady carried on a conversation fit for kings while the husband, who came back for his seat, just stood there while a complete stranger sat in HIS seat for at least 20 minutes. By this time, Blanche has stopped every person who has braved the task of walking past our party and harassed or embarrassed them anyway she can! Oh yeah..she also kept singing some song about screwing a girl from Hawaii that kept screaming "waiiiii". My friend Alex, on the other hand, had managed to partially pass out at Tapa's, yet wake up and walk to Scarlett O'Hara's and just sleep sitting up in a rocking chair on the porch. All with a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other. What multi-tasking skills! Stephanie and John had to make a quick "getaway" after Steph out of the blue started making hand gestures as if trying to say "I need food, now!!"...they made it safely to the bus 5 blocks away to taste test the meatballs and hummus mentioned earlier in this blog. At each of the bars we visited, we each grabbed additional beverages, other than in our "stock". Selection included mojitos, cosmos and dead man walking. If I remember correctly, by this time is was barely 12midnight. A few of us were beginning to feel a little "trashed". But that didn't stop us..OH NO!! We made our way back to the bus, where we were greeted by our "super duper" driver, Brother Mitchell. But what did our eyes did appear??? Do you remember that Stephanie needed food? well...apparently she also needed a nap! She was nestled, all snug in her bunk, with visions of sugarplums dancing in her head!...Great holiday spirit, Steph! I think by this time it was about 130am and we began our road trip back to Ktown. Break out the lemon drops! Some of us took power naps to prepare for the second wind..I will include myself in that small group. You can do the math, but I had been up all day before working the night before and being up the day before that preparing..so the combination of lack of sleep and a few drinks was a little deadly! I was a trooper though...I took my power nap and was up ready to go by the time we arrived back at the house. The bus was parked and people scattered like flies...some inside for a good "day's" sleep! Some to the awaiting cab for that ride home and a handful or two for the game of quarters and poison apple shots! Breakfast was scheduled for 9am and it was quickly approaching! I myself prepared 6 rounds of "poisoned" shots for the remaining crew still standing. There was a great mix of Santana hits blaring in the background, and a remix of 80's hits! Gotta love some Depeche Mode!! We sat and chatted, smoke, drank and little more and sat, drank, smoked a little more..this carried me through for a few hours before I went home and confronted the other party of the evening! You heard me..another party, yet not mine! My teenagers, whom I love(d) and adore(d) had a "few" friends over while I we were out. I came home at approx 730am to find, all the lights on, empty beer bottles and a bottle of Lord Calvert in the trash can. I have YET to say anything seeing how I was a little "over the rainbow" at the time, but we will definitely discuss it after I have had time to calm down and a full day of rest! Back to 730am..I came home, took my shower and went to bed! This was mandatory! I had to catch up on sleep and be back here tonight!..yep! back at work and holding my own! Only 4 more hours and I will be able to go back to bed! ..I'm also off the next two nights, which I must utilize to go Christmas shopping for everyone. I have no big funds right now! So to sum this whole chain of events up, the bus was still parked in the front at 4pm today! I slept until 515pm and John is still in bed from when he got home at 930am. Now I'm here at work...not real busy so I've doing some Internet investigations on Christmas gifts, etc. All I want for Christmas, is to book a flight and spend it in NYC! I wanna hang out in the snow! Make a snowman! Shwewwwww..that was long! Overall, we had a great time..hadn't partied like that since......ummm...ummm...July 7Th!! LOL Sorry you missed it, you would of had a blast OR at least quite a story to one day tell your kids! LOL....

3 comments:

Deblea said...

Sound like I would have been saying prayers to the porcelain god. Glad you had fun.

amy said...

holy crap. you went to work the next night? you are my hero.

Johnny said...

Dang.. I wish I was there partying with ya.. Oh Wait, I was in Wisconsin playing in the SNOW !!!!