CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 20, 2007

nostalgia...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm feeling so nostalgic..In preparation of my high school 20 yr reunion, I have been given the chance to get back in contact with old friends. Friends whom I had, what I considered, strong friendships with..but for one reason or another lost touch with them. Tonight I spent over 2 hrs on the phone with a friend whom I had not talked to in 19 years and it felt as if we had never lost touch.

I mean, sure times change us, we get older and stuff but at the end of it all we are still the same girls we were back then. We talked about old relationships, our kids, our careers and what I found interesting is we were both uncertain of ourselves and how we treated others in h.s.. Were we ever hurt any one's feelings? Were we a "bitch"? What "click" did we belong to? I have to honestly say that I don't think I ever was mean to anyone (well, maybe to the girl whom my boyfriend cheated on me with). I consider myself to be friendly and compassionate, but don't recall being a part of a click. I would just say that I was "popular"...??

Then came the question of whether we were "successful"?..My answer was that we are all successful in our own right. I mean, I'm not a millionaire, I don't drive a Mercedes..but I am rich with 2 beautiful children, a husband that loves me, a nice home in a good neighborhood, a descent job..so I would say YES!! I'm successful!

I shared with her my "sisterhood" idea..she seemed to be very interested and I hope that she will make the commitment and join in!

So off to bed I go, feeling nostalgic. Feeling that much more excited about my reunion and the importance of making it a memorable event!

Nite...zzz...zzz...zzzzzzz

2 comments:

amy said...

LOL - for what it's worth, I was most decidedly NOT popular - and I don't remember ever thinking of you as mean or bitchy or not nice.

IrishChikki said...

I agree with Amy. A little bit of information about Kim "Leone" that you might find interesting... I had been in Florida a year when we started our freshmen year and I saw her in the lunch room. I thought I was imagining it! We finally said hello. We were in fourth grade together in a small town in New York and were close friends that year. Cool ha? Then we lost touch. It was pretty notable event in high school for me...(I am assuming your conversation was with Kim)