CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 5, 2007

my weekend...

was not a very pleasant one. Let's just say, I'm so broke I can hardly pay attention! I got home from work at 6am..went to bed and when I woke up I was informed that John had received a letter that the SSA (aka US Government) has decided to cut off his disability benefits. Solely because even though he is paralyzed and will likely never walk again, he has kept working and because he makes more than $400 a month he is no longer eligible for his benefits. Isn't that nice? OH! It gets better..they also want us to pay them back the almost $20K that we have received since 2006. That includes the whopping $6k that my kids got for having a paraplegic dad. SOOO..I suppose what they prefer is that he sit home and live off the system. Isn't that the icing on the cake? What has this world come too? I hear of people who get settlements of millions and life rich for these things and we are being punished because we decide to pay for our insurance, refuse food stamps, deny ourselves welfare, etc! GOD BLESS THE USA... I don't know what else to say or how to handle this. He is going to make an appointment for an appeal, which I would imagine that we need to get an attorney..those aren't free are they?..NOT!!!

So that was Saturday...I spent the rest of the day "hibernating" with the hubby and then got ready for the big game! YEP..LSU vs ALABAMA..and should I mention that my Tigers, once again kicked some ass?? I am soo proud!! 41 to 34..GEAUX TIGERS!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then came Sunday..we had time change so I thoroughly enjoyed my extra hour of sleep..I rolled out of bed and proceeded to go to the grocery store. Boring, I know..but my point here is..why is everything so damn expensive?? I mean I think I paid an average of $4 for a box of cereal! and of course, no one in this family likes all the same cereal so I had to buy 4 boxes of $4 cereal. You do the math!

I did save enough money though to go to the movies..something I had been wanting to do the last couple weekends. I saw DAN IN REAL LIFE with Steve Carell. GREAT
MOVIE!! A MUST SEE!! It had every element I love in a movie..funny, sad, witty and a great cast!! ***** 5 stars!

So..now it's Monday. I work tonight, so I've started some laundry, watched some news, now I think I'll just "lay around" until the dryer stops and get my mindset ready for work tonight. More blogging later, hopefully something that won't bore you to pieces..I'm hoping for a better week. Until then.....

1 comments:

IrishChikki said...

I don't know why SS administration does that to people. The disability and welfare systems seriously need an over haul. People should be able to collect as a supplement...not be expected to sit at home. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope everything works out...